The Structure Installation Specialist/Team Leader is responsible for completing and overseeing project specific scopes such as steel erection, tension membrane installation, structural cable installation and mechanical systems installation. The Specialist performs the installation functions required on the project including, but not limited to, rigging, bolt-up, welding, painting and equipment operation with a keen eye for quality and sound safety practices. This position must maintain good working relationships with all installation team members, contractors, management, union members and leadership, client representatives and other interested parties and maintain a professional image at all times.
- Manage, direct, and work with labor crews in the construction of tensile membrane structures on the jobsite according to the scope of work.
- Perform the installation functions required on the project.
- Perform hands-on instruction and training regarding job-related tasks.
- Direct and maintain good working relationships with all installation team members.
- Perform and manage all necessary "work at heights" rescue functions to preserve the safety and health of all affected or potentially affected individuals. Maintain the level of readiness necessary to perform these duties at a moment's notice.
- Perform installations according to respective method statements and specifications.
- Coordinate work tasks according to project time schedule.
- Supervise local installation teams. Ensure team members are meeting expectations for safety, quality and productivity. Direct diverse teams including company employees, union employees, contract labor and subcontractors working on different aspects of the project.
- Implement given instructions from method statements, health and safety regulations, risk assessments and statistical analysis in installation process.
- Report to management regarding work progress and results. Compete required construction documentation accurately and timely.
- Document installation steps and handover to management.
- Actively assist in the optimization of installation processes.
- Responsible for appropriate handling, use, maintenance and storage of special tools and equipment.
- Maintain a professional image to all clients and their representatives
- Perform Daily tasks with a keen eye for sound safety practices.
Technical training in commercial construction metal structures preferred. Certification from SPRAT the Society for Professional Rope Access Technicians or IRATA the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association Preferred.
Field of Study
Steel Construction / Commercial Construction
- 6+ years commercial or industrial construction experience in steel cable installation required.
- Valid OSHA-30 certification preferred.
- Fall arrest competent person preferred.
- Rigging certificates required.
- Certificates in reach forklift, boom lift and scissor lift operation preferred.
- Experience in steel cable installations handling and connection of tension members preferred.
- Experience in crane hoisting, planning and operations preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with planning and operation documents such as daily reports, job hazard analysis, means and methods, T&M recording, quality and deficiency reporting, rescue plans, response plans, and other construction management documents required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with fall protection and working at heights.
- Must be knowledgeable in various rigging techniques and equipment.
- Proven team leadership with ability to coordinate and assign work, provide performance feedback, and train team members.
- Working Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Good command of written and spoken English required.
- Requires travel on a regular basis to work sites across the U.S. for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has occasional exposure to moderate noise. They must stand and walk frequently. The employee has constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools. They must constantly reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material. The employee will have frequent repetitive motions and constantly be able to lift or move 50 lbs and occasionally lift up to 75lbs. The employee has constant requirement of specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. They must frequently wear eye protection Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Work at high heights.
- Use PPE including safety harnesses, etc. and work in unusual, irregular, or uncomfortable positions or angles working overhead, etc. for extended. periods of time as required to complete installation functions
- Work overtime as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Work in ambient temperatures/weather conditions.
- Constant 5-8 hrs/shift
- Frequent 2-5 hrs/shift
- Occasional Up to 2 hrs/shift
To achieve success, candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies: attention to detail, organizational skills, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, teamwork, professionalism, quality oriented, dependability, initiative, and collaboration/ relationship management and ability to work under pressure.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.