Structural Glass Systems
Enclos Tensile Structures seamlessly assists clients in designing, engineering, and installing structural AESS steel, rod, and cable net support for various structural glazing solutions, such as laminated glass or double-laminated insulated glass with point-supported glass, clamp-supported, and fin-supported.
Structural glass systems are supported by customized steel structures. The option of Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel can be designed as trusses, simple span elements, planar lattices, outriggers, and even grid shells. The option of steel rods allows for thin, lightweight canopy stays, clevises, and other aesthetic and structural elements. The option of steel cable in rectangular, radial, or other geometric arrays provides the thinnest expansive tension system for facades and canopies. These structural systems, with Enclo’s expertise, can also be used for metal-framed glass systems by other contract glaziers.
Applications can be designed in a low-pitched slope for glass canopies all the way to the expansive lites of an impressive cable-net, clamp-supported glass enclosure. A structural glass system can achieve an almost limitless combination of colors, patterns, shapes, applications, and styles. The timelessness of glass, combined with a state-of-the-art structure, can strongly assist in the prominence of a project and have a positive lasting influence on its surroundings.
- High precision aesthetic
- Minimal visual impact by the structure
- Glass substrates are available in various tints from low-iron, clear, gray, blue, green, and bronze
- Glass can be patterned into different geometry
- Ceramic frits are offered in standard or custom patterns and colors
- Interlayers for exterior application are available in clear and translucent white
- Engineered glass can provide shallow slopes without ponding
- Superior strength and durability
- Made with recycled content
- Long-term weatherability
- Absorbs noise
Contact us to get more information about our glazing structures or to get a free consultation with the most experienced designers and engineers in the tensile structure industry. Fill out the contact form on this page or call us toll-free at 1-877-887-4233.