Enclos Tensile Structures ETS, a world leader in the design and construction of tensile structures, is seeking a Project Designer to join our team at our Corporate Office in Dallas, Texas. We are an aggressive and challenging Division 13 specialty contractor performing design/build projects in the rapidly advancing tensile structures field. We are dedicated to partnering with our clients, making their design concepts a reality, and in the continued advancement of tensile architecture.
A Project Designer works with various team members to execute the development and design of tensile structures, from hand over at the sales stage through final installation stages, utilizing AutoCAD to create 3D models and design, fabrication and installation drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review sketches, contract documents, specifications and other supporting documents from various sources.
- Meet with engineers, architects, and outside vendors to plan and develop drawings and drawing packages.
- Prepare drawings and drawing packages utilizing various combinations of 3D modeling techniques to develop various plan views, elevation views, section views and details in 3D rendered views
- Develop and maintain BOMs, utilizing AutoCAD, while complying with company standards and practices.
- Review and evaluate field survey data and to develop action plans as needed for as built conditions.
- Review and evaluate steel fabrication drawings for compliance with engineering requirements as well as company standards and practices.
- Manage and plan day to day tasks and duties to complete work within given project schedules.
To achieve success, candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies: attention to detail, organizational skills, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, teamwork, professionalism, quality orientation, dependability, initiative, and collaboration/relationship management.
- Associates degree in drafting, AutoCAD, or Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years' experience preferably designing structural steel or tensioned steel structures.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and standard office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro.
- A comprehensive understanding of drafting and detailing techniques.
- Previous experience working with architects, engineers, general contractors and vendors preferred.
- Strong background in math.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has occasional exposure to moderate noise. They must stand and walk frequently. The employee has constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools. They must constantly reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material. The employee will have frequent repetitive motions and frequently be able to lift or move 25 lbs. The employee has constant requirement of specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. They must frequently wear eye protection Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Constant 5-8 hrs/shift
Frequent 2-5 hrs/shift
Occasional Up to 2 hrs/shift
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.