Enclos Tensile Structures ETS, a world leader in the design and construction of tensile structures, is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team at our Corporate Office in Dallas, Texas. We are an aggressive and challenging Division 13 specialty contractor performing design/build projects in the rapidly advancing tensile structures field. We are dedicated to partnering with our clients, making their design concepts a reality, and in the continued advancement of tensile architecture.
The Project Engineer's primary responsibilities include computer modeling and finite element analysis of custom tensioned fabric structures using proprietary large deflection software, steel and cable sizing, and connection design while meeting the structural requirements of the industry building codes and the aesthetic/visual expectations of the customer. Technical support is also required through the manufacturing and installation phases of each project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineering, modeling, and analysis of tensioned fabric structures.
- Coordinate project work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Designer to ensure timely and accurate completion of the assigned project.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, track and close out design problems associated with product performance in engineering, manufacturing and construction.
- Active participation in department level meetings to convey project status, challenges and problem-solving strategies and results.
- Review peers' designs, drawings, calculations, etc. and provide feedback in a helpful and constructive manner.
Candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies: detail-oriented, organizational skills, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, teamwork, professionalism, quality orientation, dependability, and initiative.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- Engineer In Training Certification or Professional Engineering License.
- Three to five years minimum experience in the field of structural steel engineering.
- Experience in the field of tensioned fabric and cable structures is preferred.
- Experience using SAP, STAAD or other 3-D modeling/analysis applications.
- Experience with NDN or similar large deflection tension membrane software is a plus, however not required.
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam.
- A record of successful deliverables as an engineer, and as an individual contributor to team objectives, with the ability to work closely with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has occasional exposure to moderate noise. They must stand and walk frequently. The employee has constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools. They must constantly reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material. The employee will have frequent repetitive motions and frequently be able to lift or move 25 lbs. The employee has constant requirement of specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. They must frequently wear eye protection Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Constant 5-8 hrs/shift
Frequent 2-5 hrs/shift
Occasional Up to 2 hrs/shift
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.