Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager
Enclos Tensile Structures, Inc., a world leader in the design, and construction of tensile structures, is seeking a Project Manager to work in either our Dallas, TX or Buffalo, NY office location. We are a industry leading division 13 specialty contractor specializing in design/build projects in the tensile structures field. We are dedicated to partnering with our clients, bringing their design concepts to life, and continuing to advance tensile architecture.
The Project Manager liaisons with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and internal business constituents to bring about desired quantitative and qualitative results. The position utilizes superior technical, communication, planning, coordinating and strategic management skills to ensure that contractual commitments and financial objectives of the construction project are accomplished. Responsible for using project management software and other company resources to ensure project costs, schedule, and customer satisfaction meet expectations.
Potential candidate would have a degree in Engineering or Construction Management, a strong working knowledge of construction means and methods, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced design-build environment. We are looking for an energetic person familiar with and able to perform all aspects of the project manager's role while helping to develop the system and methods required of a growing and developing department.
- Develop, manage, and lead projects from sales and proposal stage to final close out. Manage a minimum of 3-5 projects at various stages of work.
- Apply knowledge of construction industry practices and procedures to champion the company's interest in all facets of the project. Ensure contract obligations are fulfilled to maximize project success. Ensure project quality and adherence to corporate and project specific quality plans.
- Take ownership of the project budget, schedule and quality to maximize profits and ensure customer satisfaction. Prepare, update and manage the project schedule and budget as needed to achieve contractual commitments and expected profit margin.
- Consult with clients to determine and define project and site specifications and expectations and ensure information is disseminated to the appropriate parties accurately and timely. Represent the company in a professional and engaging manner.
- Negotiate and administer construction contracts and conduct periodic site inspections to ensure compliance with design, budget and schedule. Coordinate work within Company departments as well as with subcontractors.
- Provide organized and effective leadership to the project team both internally and externally. Direct team members employees and consultants at all levels of contract administration. Directly supervise 1-3 employees and consultants involved in project.
- Manage the document control process - prepare, process and log project submittals and documents utilizing project admin support.
- Actively manage project costs, billings and change order process to insure budget compliance and improvement on project margin.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to improve, expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, project financials, changes, risks, and issues, to project and leadership teams.
- Occasional overnight travel as required to support projects.
To achieve success, candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies: attention to detail, problem solving, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, teamwork, effective leadership, professionalism, quality orientation, dependability, initiative, and collaboration/relationship management.
- Minimum 5 years' project management and design-build leadership experience in the Commercial Construction Industry. Steel structure construction experience preferred. Must have working knowledge of common building regulations, laws, and rules. Experience with LEED reporting, Unions, OSHA, Structural Steel, and CAD.
- Associates Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, design, construction management or a related discipline strongly preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and process a large volume of transactions through multiple internal processing systems. Competent in cloud based construction management software, spreadsheet and project scheduling software.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills; ability to multi-task. Ability to communicate and relate effectively with a diverse audience from client executives and professionals to sub-contractors and craftsmen.
- Strong leadership skills including high levels of initiative, responsibility, and flexibility. Ability to excel in a high volume, rapidly changing work environment including the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as required to support projects.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects to successful completion.
- Proficient and proven negotiation skills and ability to stand firm and maintain professionalism when aggressively challenged by adversarial individuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.